Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH - Ooh La La Soap

Lush is good with making up excellent catchy descriptions for their soaps and other products. They use luring words like, overflowing with grape juice, or beds of fresh cut flowers when describing the scent of their soaps.
I lately have been addicted to their soaps, and want to try them all. I order a lot, and when you order from Lush they are kind enough to add in 2 samples of their products. However sometimes when you get your samples you're not so lucky.
One of the samples I received from Lush was a generous slice of Ooh La La soap. The soap itself was wrapped in a usual Lush style clear wrap, with a deli sticker on it. The soap was a very deep purple in color. When I unwrapped the plastic I noticed the slight scent of flowers, but I couldn't put my finger on it. It didn't smell like fresh flowers, and I certainly did not smell even the slightest hint of anything grape, like the website described.
I took my slice into the bathroom, and ran it across my wet skin. The smell hit me even stronger, I was no longer smelling just the slight scent of flowers...as I began rubbing the soap around I was getting hints of rotting flowers, and pepper! Yes pepper! It was awful.
I felt like I was washing my skin with rotting compost, and to make things worse, the soap also was dripping small drops of a reddish purple ooze to the floor. Great I hope this gunk doesn't stain! There was no lather at all. The lather was just the purple spills. So much for adding grape juice to your soap Lush!
I tried to withstand it, I tried holding my nose and take it because I'm one of these people that refuse to waste anything. The smell got so potent and spicy though, that I had to step out of the shower, and let the nasty gunk melt down the drain. This was the first time I had ever wasted a product from Lush.
After drying up I could still smell the horrid scent of taco bell all around me, so I was forced to re-shower just to get the meaty spicy smell off of me.
After all was said and done, I was happy that I received Ooh La La as a free sample instead of paying for it.
Luckily the purple juice that ran to the shower floor did not stain, otherwise we'd have a major problem.
WOW!
I was shocked to learn later on that Ooh La La is one of Lush's most expensive soaps available! What gives! It smells like taco bells garbage bin!? Lush wants $8.55 for a 3.5oz bar of this purple garbage.
You can purchase smaller pieces for less in any local Lush store if you have one nearby, if not you are forced to spend $8.55 on the 3.5oz bar. Take it from me though, if you are going to order from Lush, wait to get a free sample of Ooh La La to see if you like it before buying it.
I honestly don;t see who would want to wash with taco seasoning, but to each his own.
HOW LUSH MADE THIS ROTTING COMPOST SOAP:
Sodium Palm Kernelate, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Honeysuckle Infusion (Lonicera capifolium), Marigold Infusion (Calendula officinalis), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Perfume, Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Thyme Oil (Thymus vulgaris), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Lavender Absolute (Lavendula hybrida), Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, D&C Red No. 33, FD&C Blue No. 1, Lavender Sprigs (Lavendula hybrida), Rosebuds (Rosa centifolia)
WHAT LUSH.COM SAYS ABOUT OOH LA LA (and my own words thrown in for fun):
A soap so deliciously (ROTTING) overflowing with (SPOILED) grape juice , lavender (TACO SEASONING), rosemary (PEPPER) and thyme (ROTTING FLOWERS) it becomes a Provencal (NASTY) feast for the senses. Just one wash with this soap and you'll be (SNEEZING) transported to a (ROTTEN) sun-drenched cafe in the Mediterranean. C'est (NOT) magnifique.
RECOMMENDATION:
None; it's really a bad smelling soap. I still wonder if they sent me one that may of expired. SHAME ON YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment