Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of I.D. Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

I have used Bare Escentuals before, and loved the results I got with it, so I decided to throw away all of my cruddy old powdered foundations and stick solely to this one company (at least until they change the formula, like so many popular companies do).
The i.d. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals came in a 3 ounce sifter pot. Basically this means that the powdered foundations sits in a bottom chamber, and will come up through small holes into the top chamber. The pot comes with an application poof, but I throw these out and just use a makeup brush to apply. I find that the poofs absorb oil which can and will cause breakouts if you do not change it frequently.
What makes this makeup so interesting, is that it is made with all natural ingredients. Thats right! They crush actual minerals into a fine powder, thus the name bareMinerals.
What I love best about bareMinerals is how the makeup goes on effortlessly, and gives my face a flawless cover, and no matter how close I look in the mirror it looks as if I am wearing no makeup at all. Best of all though is that the makeup is virtuously weightless. No globs of liquid foundation drying out my skin, and no thick powdery appearance to my skin. This is of course why bought this makeup, and will continue to buy it from here on out.
There are many different shades to choose from, but seeing how I have lighter skin, and I already own a light powdered foundation I wanted to amp it up a bit and buy it in medium, just so I could accent my cheekbones, neck, and forehead.
I unscrewed the top and threw out the round applicator, and used my brush to apply the makeup instead. I spread the powder around my cheek bones, and noticed a lovely hint of color. I then applied a swoop of it to my upper forehead, and neck. I was glowing; but not in that cheap sparkly manner. (You know the one, where you look like a grease pot, instead of a golden glowing princess!)
The powder immediately made the shine disappear from my face, and left me looking clean, and fresh.
i.d. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation lasted for the majority of the day, and I did not need to reapply over and over again. The shine that I usually get on my forehead by mid afternoon was nowhere to be seen. I had high hopes for this powdered foundation, and I was nothing but pleased. Aside from my flawless face, I was also being protected from the suns harmful rays with the SPF 15 in the powder.
This powdered foundation comes in extremely light colors, to very dark. There is a color that is guaranteed to fit your skin tone perfectly.
Overall:
I have nothing bad to say about i.d. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation.
Recommendation:
Anyone and everyone who is sick of being weighed down with heavy, cakey, foundations. Anyone looking for a clean, fresh, flawless finish with little effort.
*Apply with a brush, not the round applicator sponge that comes with the powder.
Availability:
You can purchase this right now at www.sephora.com for $25.00, it can also be bought in stores at any local Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment