Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Rave Hairspray 3x Ultra Aerosol Unscented

I used to love Rave hair sprays. My favorite in particular was the one they sold in the teal bottle a few years ago. However, those days are done, and I have yet to run into my long time teal friend.
Hair spray for me does not last long, so constantly I am buying new formulas, and new brands. When I came across Rave Hairspray 3x Ultra Aerosol Unscented in an 8.5 ounce can, I packed it into my cart, and made my way to the cash register, $1.79. Not too bad, and maybe this new hair spray would work better than that old teal can anyway.
This particular formula promised volume and fullness. These were 2 things I did not need, seeing how I already have a full mop head of hair, and more than enough fullness to make 4 wigs if I ever donated it. However, I liked the fact that this hair spray promised long lasting hold. I remember the old formula lasting, and lasting, so I assumed this one would too.
The story:
Moppy Melissa got into the shower, blow dried her locks, and curled with an iron. Next Moppy Melissa sprayed in her aerosol can hair spray by Rave. She closed her eyes, because thats what the bottle said; and then she went on a spray fest. She does this often, she has to use a lot you see, shes got this thick long hair, and if she uses too little her hair ends up a mess.
She gagged as the hair spray fogged up the air, I watched her struggle to breathe, hehe. It was a real gag! Hah!
She watched as her curls became weighed down, and she pouted. I think she even stomped a foot and let out a scream. Her curls were curls no more, her curls were dread locks. Each individual curl she had worked on so hard began to stick to curls next to it, which as a result began to create this nasty nesty type mess. Moppy Melissa now looked like a wild amazon woman. She had no choice but to jump into the shower and start all over again. This time without her piece of crap hair spray.
Poor Moppy Melissa. She should have spent a little more on some Pantene hair spray, I don't know what she was thinking; trusting Raves newer formulas. Doesn't she know, new and improved formulas means, cheaper for the company to make, yet priced so they profit big? Hehe. Poor Moppy Melissa.
Moppy Melissa threw her can of hair spray into the closet of unmentionables. This closet consists of a bunch of crappy hair products she one day intends on returning.
Moppy Melissa dedicated at least an hour and a half to her hair, only to come out disappointed with the whole experience.
That's her story, and shes sticking to it.
Ingredients taken from the bottle:
SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.); Water (Aqua); Isobutane; Propane; VA/Crotonates/Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer; Aminomethyl Propanol; Ammonium Benzoate; Masking Fragrance (Parfum); Ammonium Hydroxide"
Oh yeah, one last thing, Moppy Melissa wanted me to tell you... 'don't buy this crap!'

No comments:

Post a Comment