Thursday, July 31, 2014

TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner Review

Hot summers are my hairs worst enemy. Humidity seems to kill any shine or style I happen to have my hair in. Not only that the sun plays a role in how well my hair looks, as well as summer activities such a swimming.
My hair dries out easily. It is a thick horses mane, and taking care of it at times is such a headache. I have used tons of different conditioner promising moisturization, manageability, and protection from the sun. None of these promises ever came through, and all of these products ended up in the closet full of lies. The closet full of lies is basically a cabinet I have filled with products that still need to be returned.
Bed Head has always been a pleaser though, however the prices for most of their products are not so pleasing. When I cam across TIGI Bead Head Moisture Maniac, it seemed like the product that I absolutely needed to bring life back to my dry fur. But the small 8.5 ounce bottle was $10. I could have gotten the larger bottle for $25, but I wanted to try it before I took such a large dip into my wallet for conditioner.
PACKAGED:
TIGI's Moisture Maniac is in a bottle that I'm not quite used to when it comes to conditioners. Its in a clear bottle with a pull up cap centered at the top. Basically you just pull up the nozzle, and squirt some into your palm. The bottle itself is clear plastic, and the conditioner is a light peach color. I like clear bottles because it makes it easy to determine when you need to buy some more.
This bottle was small, and I have a lot of hair, so I use more than the average person. I imagined I would need to restock in just a few weeks with daily use.
SCENT:
It's pleasing, but I have smelled much better scented shampoos. Moisture Maniac has a light powder type scent to it. It's hard to explain, but mostly what I smell is granny smith apples.
MY USE:
I have found that using a products sister shampoo does squat, and your main want is a good conditioner. It does not matter how cheap and stinky your shampoo is, so long as your conditioner is the bomb diggity, you are golden.
So I first rinsed with some cheap dollar store shampoo, and next applied a decent amount of conditioner to my hair. The conditioner itself was extremely thick, but not so thick as to where it was hard to squeeze from the bottle. I ran it through my wet hair, and let it sit while I shaved. About 3-4 minutes total sitting time.
As I rinsed out, my hands were easily able to slide through my hair. When this rare occurrence happens I am able to tell how well the conditioner worked, and I had a feeling this one worked some magic.
After stepping out of the shower I could run a comb -yes, a comb, through my thick hair with ease. Not once did I fall upon a tangle.
Once my hair was dry I was left with a soft silky and shiny style. I was in control of my hair, and not the other way around. The conditioner seemed to tame frizz and puff, and I was happy. The advertising didn't lie; my hair felt revitalized.
ISSUES:
1. Once the conditioner begins to run low, it becomes difficult to squeeze the remaining product out of the bottle. The conditioner is thick, so it does not just glide up to the opening. You have to really use some muscle power to fling the rest out of the bottle into your hand.
2. The conditioner is expensive, and you really don;t get very much. My one bottle only lasted me 3 weeks. I used it daily, so I know this played a role in it running empty fast. I also use a lot because of my thick hair, and long length.
All in all though TIGI Bead Head Moisture Maniac is a pleasure to use. It restores my hair from summer damages, it leaves it soft, silky, easy to manage, and best of all, it keeps my hair under control on hot humid days. I couldn't of asked for more. (Now I just need to gather up my closet full of lies, and return them for more Moisture Maniac)
INGREDIENTS:
Aqua (water/eau), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acettamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propianate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylatem Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silk Amino Acids, CI 15510 (Orange 4).
RECOMMENDATION:
Anyone suffering from overly dried out hair. Or for those just looking to get healthy, easy to manage, frizz free hair.
TIP:
For extremely dry hair or those looking for a deep conditioning treatment, apply a large amount to entire head, leave a warm towel or plastic bag over hair, and let sit for up to an hour. Result will be an even more glamorous look.

No comments:

Post a Comment