Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bath & Body Works White Barn Wall Flowers: Worth the Purchase?

I've never been one to purchase plug ins for fragrance. Usually I just light a candle when I want scent. But when Bath & Body Works had their semi annual sale on White Barn wall flowers for only $5 each, I stepped into the world of plug ins.
The plug in itself comes with any scent your hearts content, and these scents match perfectly to Bath & Body Works scents that they sell as body products. I myself grabbed Coconut Lime Verbena, Cotton Blossom, Moonlight Path, and Passion Fruit & Guava.
You may also buy other scents in starter kits, the starter kits is what plugs into any standard American outlet. There is a cloudy glass flower shaped bulb that contains the oil. This oil will disperse evenly throughout the room, and the scent will supposedly last until the oil is gone. The oil will last about a month until it needs changing.
You can buy wallflower refill kits to add new scents or replace the old one. Refill kits will include 2 flower shaped cloudy glass chambers that you can attach to the plug in. They will easily screw in with a turn.
MY EXPERIENCE:
I plugged my wallflower in, and in about 10 minutes I could easily detect Coconut Lime Verbena all throughout the room. The scent after an hour actually got a little bit overbearing and I had to unplug it.
It definitely works, and the scent is not weak at all. However the next few times I plugged it in the scent sort of wimped out. I could still smell the scent, but it was not as strong as it was on day one.
The other scents did the same. After about a day or 2 the strong overpowering scents became weak subtle hints of smell, that you could almost miss if your nose wasn't looking for it. I was disappointed to say the least. It would of been great to be able to use the wall flower until the oil ran out, but the scent fizzed out way before that was going to happen.
In my opinion it is pointless to keep a scented plug in plugged in if it is not releasing any fragrance.
The wall flower also grows pretty warm with long hours of use. I'm not saying it will burn you, but it is definitely a device I do not trust to be plugged in while I'm not home.
With a candle, the scent never dies out just because you burn it once, so I was angry at myself for buying this knowing I have a closet full of candles just waiting to be burned.
The problem with wall flowers is that the oil inside of the flower bulb does not look like oil at all.
Oil is what smells strong, and lasts the longest. The liquid inside seemed like it was watered down, and all that was in it was a teensie drop of oil. Thats how companies save money, by watering down the actual fragrance. What you are left with is water with a small bead of oil on top. Once the heat is activated the oil is the first thing to burn. Once the oil is gone, all you have left is water. That seemed to be what this product was all about.
It would of been a great product if they were looking to satisfy the consumer, but seeing how this product is all about profit, I don't plan on buying any refills or starter kits again.
Usually I'm a huge fan of Bath & Body Works products, but this one was a total waste of money.
COST:
Wall flowers usually cost $12.50, as of now the Bath & Body Works site is having (yet again) another sale, 2 wall flower products for $20. I honestly wouldn't go rushing in to buy them anytime soon.
Save your money and go buy a Yankee candle. They last longer, and the scents don't die out after a few uses.
A FEW OTHER SCENTS:
Some other scents you can purchase are Mango Mandarin, Red Delicious; which is a spicy apple scent, Spiced Cider; for a lovely fall scent, Cherry Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Brown Sugar and Fig, Creamy Nutmeg, Bartlett Pear, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Kitchen Spice, French Vanilla, Magnolia Blossom, Pink Grapefruit, French Lavender, and many many more. Check out the site for a complete list at www.bathandbodyworks.com. It is sure contain a Bath & Body Works scent you are fond of.

No comments:

Post a Comment