Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works Home Fragrance Oil: Iced Tea Twist

I was never a huge fan of iced tea, but I have always been fond of the scent it gives off. Any tea, warm tea, or cold tea. The refreshing lemon zing, enlightens my senses and makes me feel more awake. When I came across Bath & Body Works Temptations line of scents, hands down Iced Tea Twist was by far the most realistic scent that captured the smell of iced tea without missing a beat.
I stocked up on everything available, the lotion, the body wash, and of course the oil. I was a bit hesitant at first because the little glass bottle was so small, and the price was a bit high. It cost $7.50 for just .33oz.
Not only that I had to buy an oil burner in order to burn the oil. So almost $20 later I finally had everything I needed to get this oil burning. You can also use this with a cheap oil burner from a dollar store, and really save some money. Or if you don't want to spend a thing after the oil purchase you can always boil up some water in a pot in your kitchen, and add in a few drops of this oil.
MY USE:
When I got home I put in the oil burner a teaspoon of water and about 5 drops of the oil. The oil comes out in drops seeing how the release tube is designed to come out slowly. You must shake the bottle to get the oil to come out in drops. You do not have to over do it. You want to put the water in ensuring that you get the most out of your drops.
The scent was heavenly coming out of the bottle. It was much stronger than the scent of the lotion or wash, it was more concentrated, so the scent was very overpowering, and not to mention mouth watering.
I then lit the tea light, and waited. It took about 10 minutes for the oil to heat up and began releasing it's lemony tea scent all throughout the living room. It was heavenly, and actually prepared my mind to begin making my own iced tea. May as well enjoy the whole experience while you can right?
After about 2 hours the entire burner dish was empty. However even with the oil being evaporated through the air, it remained there. The lovely lemony scent lasted for hours, and anyone visiting always thought I was brewing fresh tea and would suddenly 'get thirsty', and would compliment that the house smelled delicious. I know!
The bottle even though it is small, can easily last months with everyday use, A few drops goes a long way, so really the price is well worth the amount of uses you get out of the small bottle. Great things come in small packages.
OTHER USES:
I don't need to buy perfume to smell good; and besides we all know that perfume is just concentrated oil mixed with alcohol, so why not just get the scent? Thats what I do! I simply put a drop of Iced Tea Twist oil on my wrist, and I will smell of the delicious summer time scent all day. It is a cheap and effective way to smell great for hours without spending a small fortune on perfume, thats watered down with alcohol anyway.
The concentrated oil is what packs the scented kick that lasts for hours, and thats exactly what Iced Tea Twist does when used on the body!
FRESH BREWED ICED TEA:
You can buy it at any local Bath & Body works for $7.50, or you can purchase it online at www.bathandbodyworks.com for the same price. As of now there is a but one get one sale going on, so you can scoop up this scent, and another scent you know you will like. (I myself though would get 2 of the Iced Tea Twists, seeing how Bath & Body Works sometimes discontinues scents after some time. I stock up while I can).
All in all, Iced Tea Twist home fragrance oil is a must try. You will love it even if you are not fond of the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment