Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms: Review

Everyone loves rainbows, the magic behind them, and the feeling we get when we see them. Rainbows take me back to childhood; the times were I believed if I found the end of a rainbow, I'd find a leprechaun and get his gold, or be granted 3 wishes. I never did find the end of the rainbow, but Sally Hansen has created a pot of gold with their Nail Prisms, and the best part is you can capture a rainbow right on your nails.
When I first saw a commercial for Nail Prisms, I e whole thing was bogus. I imagined this company simply plopped a slew of glitter into some cheap nail polish and advertised it as rainbows in a bottle.
I ran into my first bottle of Nail Prisms in a local Walmart and I must say I was impressed. It honestly did look as if Sally Hansen had captured the essence of the rainbow. However not all of the colors in the collection were rainbows in bottles, some were actually illusion colors. A few of the polishes will show a pink color at first but when you move your hand around it will also give off a blue color. It was pretty neat, I bought one to see how well it looked on my nails, and I have been addicted ever since. I have bought every single possible color available in the collection, and I'm here to tell you exactly how pretty and not so pretty each one it.
AMBER RUBY-
There is no other way to put this, Amber Ruby is gorgeous!!!
This bottle does not however give you the rainbow in a bottle effect, Amber Ruby is a 3 in 1 color. The base color is that of a light maroon, with a tint of blue and some green. When you move your hand around, each color shines one by one. In certain lighting the blue color may be more obvious, and in other lighting conditions the maroon may show. Out of a rating system from 1-10. 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest, I would rate Amber Ruby a 10. It's gorgeous, and makes for an excellent fall color for your nails.
GARNET LAPIS-
Garnet Lapis is a combination of 2 colors. The base color is a lovely deep purple while it's undertone is blue. Like Amber Ruby, when you move your hands it changes from purple to blue. It's a nice color, but it seems to be a childish flirty color that I could see a teen aged girl loving, it's just not for me. Garnet Lapis also does not shine as boldly as the other colors in the Nail Prism collection. Therefore I would rate it a 4.
PURPLE DIAMOND-
Purple Diamond is a one solid color polish, but it comes packed with all the colors of the rainbow when you move your hand around. It's gorgeous! This is the rainbow in the bottle promise. In good lighting your nails give off a rainbow glistening psychedelic effect. You honestly have to try it to believe it. It's truly a stunning effect, and is a perfect summer time color. A 10.
PINK ROSE DIAMOND-
This polish says it's pink rose, but actually when you apply its, it's sort of transparent. It does give off the rainbow effect, with a semi pink base color to the nail. However this color is very drab compared to the rest of the colors in the collection. It's nice and all, but lacks that rainbow and 3D flair. Not only that you have to apply almost 3 coats of polish just to get a visible pink tint. I give it a 4.

FIRE OPAL-

Beach time!!! Especially if your wearing a pink or orange bikini. These are the 2 colors this polish gives off, a lovely fire orange and a deep hot pink. Fire Opal reminds me of sherbet ice cream. It's truly a summer time color, and wearing this one in the winter time may be a bit much. This color I'd rate 1 10 in the summer, and an 6 in the winter.
BLUSH DIAMOND-
Blush Diamond is almost the exact same color as the pink rose diamond, just more transparent. It does give of all the colors of the rainbow when you move your hand around or are in great lighting, but it's almost clear. A waste of money in my opinion. Rating = 1.
BURGUNDY ORCHID-
This is a nice deep dark purple color with a luscious ruby red tint. It has that 3D mirror like effect, and when you move about the colors change before your eyes. This one is one of my all time favorites. A 10 by far.
EMERALD AMETHYST-
This one is an odd ball. It has a slight puke like color. It's a mix of purple and green in one. It does not however give of that 3D chameleon look. Its just green micro glitter mixed with purple micro glitter. It makes for an excellent nail color for Halloween, but any other time it's sort of ugly. I'd give it a 3, only because of its use for Halloween would be excellent.
RUBY SAPPHIRE-
This color is pretty nice, and the reason I like it is because you can wear it with almost anything. It has a nice pinkish purple base color, with a beautiful deep sapphire look when you move your hands around. I rate this one a 7.
TURQUOISE OPAL-
Ever look inside of an oyster shell? This is exactly the colors you get on your nails with this color. It reminds me of the inside of an oyster shell. It has that dark purple, and mix of emerald green. The green color is a beautiful dark moss, and the purple is also very dark and alluring. It's absolutely stunning, in good sunlight your nails will also give off a slight hue of gold. Easily I rate this one a 10.
RUBY DIAMOND-
Pink is the main color when it comes to Ruby Diamond. This polish does give off the rainbow 3D effect, but only in different tones of pink. It's very pretty, and will go perfect with anything you wear. I rate it an 8.
PEARL OPAL-
Calling all brides and brides maids. This color is gorgeous. It's a peal white with a hint of shiny mint green when you move around. It shines like no other, and really makes your nails look elegant. I adore this color and wear it even when I'm not present in any weddings. A perfect 10 no doubt.
PINK OPAL-
This color is creamy like Peal Opal. It's however just pink pearl, I guess it has the perfect name. But being a part of the Sally Hansen Nail Prism collection I was expecting another color to pop out, only it doesn't. It's not an ugly color, but for it's price it's truly nothing I have not seen before. A not so adoring 4.
DIAMOND-
This was my first purchase, and my reason to buying all of the colors in the collection. It's gorgeous. Its primary color is silver, but the rainbow colors that pop out and create that 3D floating color effect is simply gorgeous. Each color of the rainbow shines brightly over your nails so beautifully that they look as if they float. If you are going to try any of the Nail Prisms, this one should be the one you buy first. It matches anything, and can be worn year round. Of course Diamond gets a rating of 10.
What Sally Hansen says:
"Color in motion!
Rainbow in every bottle!
The first 3D nail color!
Exclusive microfine prismatic reflectants create waves of living color every time you move. High intensity jewel's for nails, more than ordinary nail color - a fashion accessory! The advanced, patented Sally Hansen formula delivers superior strength, length, wear and shine."Overall:
I adore almost every color. Some of the Nail Prisms could of used a little more work, but overall Nail Prisms are extremely unique and definitely set themselves apart from standard nail polish. My hopes are that Sally Hansen continues to add new colors to the list, and if they already have, someone please let me know.
Where to find them:
I found most of these polishes at Walmart, but if you visit www.sallyhansen.com they have a store locator to help you find Nail Prisms.
I seriously recommend any nail fanatic to give at least one of these colors I have listed here a try. I'd recommend Diamond first and foremost though. Trust me, once you try one, you will be searching for them all. Prices will vary from $4.99-$5.99 .

No comments:

Post a Comment