Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Pantene Pro-V Breakage Defense Detangling Leave in Cream

There was a time when I thought dyeing my own hair was a good idea. I figured my hair would turn out looking just like the pretty girls on the box, that with a dyeing kit I could accomplish the same look, with the same lovely color that the box claimed. Heck, they even had strands of hair that showed what my hair would look like hanging from the shelves.
But umm... when I tried dying it blond, I ended up with result that were far from it. My dark hair according to the box should have turned a lovely honey blond. However after waiting and watching my hair grow brighter and brighter in a Ronald red color, I began to panic. I figured if I left the dye in longer, it would soak the red out and turn it honey blond. But the more time that passed, the more fluorescent it began to look. I'm sure under a black light, you could see me shine from space.
I washed it out, and instead of running to the hair salon, I covered my head in a hat and made my way to CVS. I had to by a darker color to hide this mess, so I went with a deep brown. The dye worked like a charm, and what I was left with was a lighter brown seeing how I had previously stripped my hair of color. Thankfully though the Ronald red was gone.
As I began to brush my hair though, it started falling out in big clumps. Luckily I have thick hair, so I was not left with any bald spots. Haha! I was left though with extremely brittle hair, and I could not straighten it or t would frizzle up like burnt hay.
I needed relief, my hair was parched, and it was screaming for some moisturization. I went out and bought a whole slew of moisturizing products, from hot oil treatments, to lotions and creams. One of the products I picked up was Pantene Pro-V Breakage Defense Detangling Leave in Cream.
According to the bottle, all I had to do was put some of the cream into my hair while it was wet after a shower, I could also though put some in while my hair is dry for touch ups. This cream is used to protect dry brittle hair while brushing and styling. It supposedly will also restore moisture to hair, and leave it smooth and manageable.Best of all though, it promised to strengthen my fur!
After a shower I placed some of the white cream into my palms and rubbed it into my hair. I used a decent amount, and even used extra, because I needed it. I have long thick hair, so using more couldn't hurt.
I worried that the cream would leave my hair looking greasy and weighed down, but as it began to dry, it looked fine. Still parched to the touch but at least you couldn't tell now, unless you touched it.
The cream didn't perform a miracle over night, nor did it show huge signs after a month. But trust me, I really, really screwed my hair up, and slowly by using the cream daily I watched my hair go back to a somewhat normal state. Without this cream I can honestly say that my hair would have broken off on almost every strand. Don't get me wrong, strands still ended up broken and damaged, but with long term use my hair began to regain it's strength, and started to look alive again.
If you have over processed your hair I truly recommend this product, and some cholesterol conditioner. Leave the cholesterol conditioner in your hair overnight wrapped for faster results. The next day wash out and use the Pantene Pro-V Breakage Defense Detangling Leave in Cream from the 'Restoratives' collection. In this line there are many products to bring your hair back to it's normal healthy look. I find though that using too many products just cause your hair too look greasy, weighed down, and dirty. Stick with one product and you will be fine.
For more information on Pantene Pro-V Breakage Defense Detangling Leave in Cream visit www.pantene.com.
Locating it:
If at all interested in picking this one up, you can find it in any local drug store, or super store. The price will vary from $5.00-$7.00. It in my opinion is worth the buy, especially if you recently have fried your hair by over processing it. It will not work wonders overnight, but gradually it will restore your hair back to the point where you can blow dry again and not have to worry about your hair smoking or going up in flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment