Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of CoverGirl's Continuous Color Lipstick

I have never been a major lipstick wearer simply because I have never been able to find a lipstick that will actually stay on throughout the majority of the day. I find it annoying to constantly be peeking into a compact mirror to see if my lipstick is still on, or still in place. I had used tons of long lasting promises when it came to lipstick, and most of them proved to be pure BS, while others would stain my lips and make them crack and look like hell.
I gave up on lipstick, it became too goddamn annoying. Either the top would pop off in my bag and get ruined, or the lipstick was hard as rock and would break when I applied it, or it was too silky and ended up on my teeth in a few minutes.
Recently though I saw one particular lipstick staring back at me through it's stupid plastic container, it was a lipstick by CoverGirl, Continuous Color, and seeing how I was beginning to enjoy CoverGirl products once again, I figured I would give it a try.
It was Rose Quarts Shimmer, lipstick number 415. I had tried it before when they sold it in the black lipstick containers back in the 90's. Back then it was a bit drying. When I had seen that CoverGirl now was putting this same lipstick into a blue tube that it most likely was an improved formula or something, so I bought it. I figured if they hadn't at least improved the lipstick that it was not a huge loss at only $3.99.
At home I applied the lipstick, and hot diggity dawg! It was a lot more moisturizing on my lips than I had remembered years earlier, but lucky me it was that same beautiful color that I had loved so much and had looked for time and time again.
I looked in the mirror and was satisfied with my new lip color, and the way it felt on my lips, but what annoyed me was just how moisturizing it began to feel. I figured that once it was on my lips this wet feeling would dry up a bit and feel weightless, but it didn't. It was wet, and gooey, and not very comfortable.
I blotted, and this helped, but after looking at my lips, I noticed the blotting took a lot of the shiny color away and left my lips dull looking. I re-applied more and figured I would wait it out, that eventually this lipstick would have to dry up a bit. It never did though. The color eventually got licked off, and I guess I ate it, because it was gone in less than a half hour. So I went back and re-applied so more, and then shortly after that, some more... and more...and more...
Then I stopped. I recognized that pattern that tends to annoy the hell out of me. The constant peeking in mirrors to make sure my lips had the color, and the constant re-applying. People around me were beginning to think I was vain because I constantly had to grab a mirror to see if my lips were still on. Hehe.
CoverGirl, I love the color, but I hate the effort. This was supposed to be 'continuous color' but there is nothing continuous about it. It ends up on my teeth, my cup, my cigarette, it will stay put anywhere, but on my lips.
It's a real damn shame really because this lipstick comes in many, many gorgeous colors, but all of them work the same. The color looks gorgeous but feels slimy on your lips. The color will then disappears in just a few minutes, and you find yourself re-applying over and over again. Blotting this lipstick just calls for another swipe of the lipstick across your lips. It becomes an annoying tedious habit, and those around you will start to call you conceded if you keep up with re-applying every 10 minutes.
You can visit the site for more information at www.covergirl.com. Don't get excited though when you see all of the different pretty colors staring back at you. This lipstick is a waste of money, and it is probably the reason why all stores I find it in displays it on the very bottom rack. It's garbage, yet they still know they have to sell it.
Another major issue I have with it, is it's flimsy cover. God forbid you put this on in your purse or bag. The top will always pop off, and we know wat popped lipstck tops mean. It means ruined lipstick. Dirt gets in it, hair, or anything else that dwells in the pits of our bags. Nasty!
What CoverGirl.com says about their lipstick:
"The moisture-rich formula and expanded palette of shades help keep lips soft and colorfully protected."
My thoughts on their explination:
The moisture rich formula is far too moisturizing, it leaves my lips feeling a bit slimy, and the color goes bye-bye in just a few minutes.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Recommended:
No!
*But if you do find a long lasting lipstick that leaves lips feeling nice, and not dried out or grainy, send me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment