Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bubbles of Rockport VS. Lush

I'm a Lush addict, and recently took a dive into the tub with bath bombs. I usually never liked baths until I discovered just how comforting a bath bomb could make you feel.
Lush has a nice collection of surprising bath bombs, some small, and some large. Lush's as of now only carry about 21 different scents and bombs. There sizes range from 3.1oz to 6.3 ounces. One would think that smaller bombs would cost much less, but this is not the case with Lush's bath bombs. Small ones can even cost more than large ones. The prices start at $4.25 and go do not exceed $5.95.
Some of the scents you can find on the site at www.Lush.com are rose, lavender, sugar, mint, and many others. Some of Lush's bombs even come packed with a special touch such a seaweed, flowers, or in the most recent 'Sugar Rush' bath bomb case; food.
When it comes to Lush's bath bombs they either have a complete hit or miss. You will find yourself adoring a bomb, or hating it. Lush's descriptions also are not always up to par.
I have been lucky enough to try out a pretty good handful of the available bombs, but recently I came across a site offering larger bombs at very affordable prices. www.BubblesofRockport.com have a much larger selection than Lush does, and not only that each bomb is a set price of $3.99. These bombs reminded me a lot of Lush's bombs, but I found myself somewhat more impressed! The descriptions are easy to understand, and the pictures the site added were nearly marvelous. Some of the bombs looked delightful enough to be an actual pastry.
I assumed though, that they would not be any good because they were so much cheaper than Lush's bath bombs. I however decided it would be better to try a few out before going back and ordering from Lush's expensive collection. I ordered 2. I liked the price, and I liked the pictures. I had to try them.
I ordered Fortune Cookie bath bomb, and Monkey Love as a trial run, to see whether or not I liked these bombs.
The bombs came safely, just like Lush's bombs. Now the next test was the scent. Both of them were lovely. The fortune cookie bomb smelled of sugar cookies, and the Monkey Love bomb smelled like fresh bananas. Both bombs were very large and could easily be compared to a baseball.
What I liked about these bombs were that all of them are large. Lush only offers a few larger bombs.
In the tub they lasted, and Monkey Love had actual banana chips inside of the bomb that floated around while I soaked. Fortune cookie actually came with a fortune that I could read after the bomb melted. Not only that, this particular bomb came with a piece of soap in the shape of an actual fortune cookie. The added touch was lovely.
In the tub bubbles of rockport bombs were easily just as good as Lush's bath bombs. However Lush has a smaller selection, and their bombs are much more expensive.
Now I am still a die hard fan of Lush, but I can honestly say that Bubble of Rockport is probably going o be my one and only stop for bath bombs from now on.
There selection includes all sorts of scents that would tickle anyones fancy. Scented such as marshmallow, candy, any flower you can think of, chocolate, vanilla, perfumes such as jlo, champs, and many other fashion scents, banana, apple, peach, apple pie, strawberry, lemonade.
Honestly the selection is huge, and the prices are a steal compared to Lush.
LASTING POWER:
Lush bombs will fizz from 3-7 minutes depending on the size. The smaller bombs of course fizz out quickly, but still pack a scented silky punch. Bubbles of Rockport also take around 7 minutes to fizz out leaving behind a lovely scent, and making the water feel smooth.
EXTRAS:
Lush bombs have a select number of bombs that when melted leave behind flowers, candy, food, confetti, or other odd objects floating behind. Bubbles of Rockport also has bombs that when melted leave behind interesting floating artifacts. In my opinion the surprises that come out of Bubbles of Rockport are more unique than Lush's surprises.
In Bubbles of Rockport you will have confetti in some bombs, Mardi gras beads in others, candy, plastic spiders, witches, or ghosts, sprinkles, and glitter. But what really sets Bubbles apart from Lush is that many of their bombs come with an extra attached piece of soap. I really like how they go the extra mile, and give you a free soap for so little money.
OVERALL:
Bubbles of Rockport hands down has a much better selection of bath bombs than Lush. If you are a Lush fan you must at least try one bomb. The prices are right, and the bombs are wonderful.
Each of Bubbles of Rockports bath bombs has a scent all it's own. I don't know how many times I have ordered from Lush and have had bombs that smelled extremely similar to one I have already used. Bubbles of Rockport is a definite star when it comes to bath bombs, and a must try for any bath lover, lush lover, and bath bomb lover. These bombs are unique compared to anything available now

No comments:

Post a Comment