Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush's Bohemian Soap

I love Lush because most of their products are 100% vegan. Oh Natural! I have tried pretty much all of their soaps in the past, but left out a few odd ones because they just didn't appeal to me.
However after reading multiple reviews on the Lush website, and online where reviewers were praising Bohemian Soap, I wanted to try it for myself.
Bohemian soap is not appealing on the eye, and the photo online hadn't even done it any justice. The soap is a pale puke yellow, with swirls of lighter colored white running throughout the soap. However once I learned that it had a fresh lemony scent, I was interested. I enjoy lemon scented bathing products. I enjoyed Lush products, so it was a umm...necessity. Hehe.
The Bohemian soap comes cut from the block in a 3.5 ounce bar for $6.95. When you get Lush soaps cut from the block you never really know what sort of cut you will get. Either the soap would be all pale yellow with no swirls, or it would be all white. I had many soaps from Lush that have come to my door looking nothing like the picture online.
The Bohemian soap however did come resembling the one in the picture, but my swirls sort of lacked, and looked more like discolored specks. The scent though was gorgeous. It was a strong realistic lemon scent. Many bath products resemble furniture polish scents, but not Bohemian. It was lemon, and it was fresh. It reminded me of Sexy Peel, only with more of a lemony zing.
I honestly could not wait to put it to use. As usual though, I first cut the 3.5 ounce bar into sample sized pieces, and stored the rest on the soap in a cool dry place. For me, the cool dry place is usually my towel closet or underwear draw. Trust me, leaving a bar of Lush soap in your clothing draw brings a lovely scent to your clothing. So if you order from Lush, try it out for yourself.
I took my sample sized cut into the shower with me, and wet my body. From there I do what I normally do with soap. I rubbed it all around, duh.
The lather was lacking, but the scent was 10 times stronger once warm water hit it. The lemon fresh scent went from strong to extreme. In all honesty it was a bit overwhelming...for me though, it was grrr-eat!
The small sample piece though melted pretty quickly. I rinsed off and towel dried myself. My skin was left slightly softer, but not too moisturized. I felt clean and all, but in all honesty it didn't do much when it came to skin care. No matter though, the scent was all I was truly after, and on my skin I had a light lemon scent sticking with me. I could tell though that the smell would disappear shortly after. Of course my intuition was right, the lemon scent was gone after I completely dried off.
My skin, was the same as before. Overall though, Bohemian soap is a pleasure to use in the shower. It has a powerful wake me up scent that will fill the entire room. Sadly though the scent goes away pretty fast. It does however last on your towel, and if you don't wash the towel after the shower you will detect the scent on it next time you use it.
I would most likely buy this soap again, it packs a stronger kick than Sexy Peel. However the down side is that the scent does not last, and it melts pretty damn fast. I'm willing to turn the other way though when it comes to the down side, because the scent is truly fantastic.
*Some people claim that this soap has helped dry up their acne. Read the online reviews on the Lush website for more information. (I however continue to use Coalface when it comes to acne and oily skin, and it works like a charm. I have yet to use Bohemian soap on my face though, so I have no input on how well it works.)
Availability:
You can of course, buy Bohemian soap in any local Lush store, or online at www.Lush.com.
Ingredients, Taken From Lush.com:

Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Perfume, Tetrasodium Editronate,

No comments:

Post a Comment