Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works, Black Raspberry Vanilla Bubble Bath Gel

I have never really bothered with Bath & Body Works Signature Collection bubble bath gels. I realized that the bottle size it relatively small, and the price is relatively high, this is basically what kept me from purchasing them.
However when items go on sale, I take advantage of them. When the bubble bath gels went on sale for $3.00 during their semi annual sale this year, I took advantage of it. I bought many different products for dirt cheap, and in my pile of cheap goodies I added a few bubble bath gels. Black Raspberry Vanilla was one of them. Grin.
The bubble bath gel comes in the standard Signature collection shaped bottle, only it is a teensy bit larger, not by much though; at all. The gel itself if a pearly, yet transparent purple.
The scent is truly to die for...well maybe not die...but you get the picture. The first sniff of it, I was greeted by a warm black raspberry kiss, followed up by a subtle hint of vanilla. Its scent truly does represent it's name, and the scent is as realistic to the real berry as you could get without it being the actual berry.
Once I got the bottle home, I of course couldn't wait to squeeze some of the gel under running water to see just how many bubbles it would produce.
I squeezed in a decent amount, but not too much. Overall about 4 cap fulls worth. Immediately I got a stream of yummy scented bubbles forming. After awhile the entire surface of water was covered in bubbles, however the bubbles seemed weak, as they began popping out pretty quickly.
I got into the tub, nothing to note here really. The water felt the same, which was disappointing, because I have used products that have actually made the water feel like fine silk. Black Raspberry Vanilla smelled fantastic, but the bubbles began duding out moments after I stepped foot into the tub.
After about 10 minutes there was no bubbles, they were gone, all popped, all dead...so I of course got out disappointed. My skin was left with the raspberry vanilla scent which I liked, but as far as it goes for a bubble bath; it sucked.
The black raspberry vanilla scent stood with me for about an hour, which was sort of surprising. I liked it in that aspect; sure.
However seeing how this product was designed for bubble baths, and all it does is leave a nice scent behind, I have to call shenanigans! When something is designed for a specific use, it should work for that use, not for something else.
So yes this stuff is great for scent, but for bubbles in the tub...nopeitty nope.
They sell other bubble bath gels in the Signature Collection, and all of them smell fantastic for the most part; seeing how this gel though did diddly squat, I'm sure all of them will do the same. Great scent with major bubble failure.
Availability:
Bath and Body Works of course my dear. or their online store at www.bathandbodyworks.com. As of now it sells for $9.50 a bottle. Wait for it to go on sale though if your interested in it. I would not though, spend $9.50 on it. RIP-OFF!
The main question is, would I buy it again?
Not at the $9.50 price tag, no way. I would however buy it again if it went on the $3.00 sale again. I hated how the bubbles popped in 10 minutes, but I liked how the scent stuck with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment