Thursday, July 31, 2014

Got2b SoBlonde Wanna Be Blonde Highlight Gel How Well Does it Work?

Have you ever come across a product that was excellent the first time you bought it, yet the second time you went back for a restock the product was garbage?
Thats exactly what happened to me when I first purchase Got2b So Blonde Wanna Be Blonde Highlight Gel.
You see, the first time I bought this product I loved it. It was a sun in gel that I applied to my hair before going to the beach that would gradually lighten my hair in areas that I wanted it to. I had control of where my hair lightened and where it didn't.
Not only that, but for those days I couldn't be out in the sun, I could also apply some gel and simply run the blow dryer over it. Slowly but surely I got results. I was happy, so happy I used the whole bottle in less than a month, and went to buy some more.
The second time things looked like they took a turn for the worse. I don't know if Got2b changed the formula or what, but this gel was no longer gel. I returned the runny liquid bottle thinking I got a bad one. They let me have another one, and when I got home it was the same thing. A runny liquid gel. It was like water! Had the gel melted during shipping? I had no idea, but I was in no rush to go back to the store to return it for the same thing.
I applied, or tried to apply, the new water gel. It ran everywhere and made a mess. I had it dripping down my head into my eyes, and everything just sucked about it. But I wanted to lighten.
I lightly soaked my head in the 'water', and ran a blow dryer on my head. As my hair heated up, the water gel got hard. I'm talking rock hard. But this was the same thing the formula did the first time I used it. So even though it was now water, and not gel it seemed to be working just the same. It was just a lot harder to control where I wanted new streaks. Because the gel was no longer gel, I had no option. I had to put it everywhere. It was disappointing that I couldn't get the chunks and streaks I wanted, but either way, I was using it.
The results were fast, and about a half hour under the blow dryer I had about 2 shades lighter of hair. However my hair felt extremely dry and parched after sitting under the blow dryer for so long. Not only that the formula turned my hair into what felt like a mask of cement. I had to shower directly after using it, and it was a hell of a time getting the 'water'- I mean gel, out of my hair. I had tons of knots. This didn't happen the first time!
So the gel worked, yes, but it seemed like the formula had been changed. My hair was knotty and dry after using it, where with the first bottle everything was kosher.
I capped up the rest of the gel, and returned it for a full refund. I didn't want it anymore. The price was a bit high for me to just allow this one to collect dust in the closet. I don;t know what happened to the original formula, and how Got2b can continue to call this gel when clearly it has the same consistency of water. They really need to change their labeling if their going to screw with the ingredients.
To satisfy my own curiosity, I opened a bottle in another store a month later, and it was the same. Water. It was not just one store, the whole thing had been altered. Got2b really needs to get on the ball and figure out what went wrong with their SoBlonde Highlight Gel.
PACKAGING:
Got2b SoBlonde Wanna Be Blonde Highlight Gel comes in a clear and yellow plastic box, with the words SoBlonde running down the side. The bottle inside of the box is an odd triangular like shape. It has an odd slit for where gel is supposed to be squeezed from. However this slit proved to be way to big when the gel had been turned in the consistency of water, and a lot of the formula would come poring out all over the place.
You get approximately 6 ounces of gel (water).
ISSUES:
Besides the obvious, the scent is also a big yikes! It actually reminds me of glue and harsh pool chemicals. It is not a scent you want lingering. Another issue is how dry this stuff makes you hair after blow drying. They also need to fix the spout if they're not going to fix the formula.
LIKES:
I like the fact that this formula, as flawed as it is, does lighten hair. I can take my color up 2 shades in just a half an hour and it is permanent.
WHERE TO FIND IT:
You can find this at any local Walmart or drug store. The price ranges from $5-$8.
OVERALL:
It was a really great gel, up until the gel magically transformed into water. Maybe they need to air condition the trucks they are shipping this product out on. Maybe heat melts the gel into water? I have no idea, but I do know that they should fix this issue.
RECOMMENDATION:
I'd avoid it, and go to a salon if you want to amp your color shade up a bit. It's too messy, and easily rolls down into your eyes. It dries out hair, and leaves painful knots behind. Not only that, you have no control anymore on where you get highlights, it goes everywhere if it's not in a gel state.
INGREDIENTS:
Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Carbomer, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA.
WARNING:
Wash your hands after dealing with this gunk. It will stain your skin white, and in some cases can be very painful. Also avoid dripping it on clothes. Avoid eyes if possible, with the 'new' water like formula though, it can be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment